This is a blog dedicated to information I have gathered and learnt surrounding the module "Understanding the Customer".

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Buyers Decision - Kotler

The 5 stages:

Need Recognition - " I fancy a Drink"
Information search - "Wheres the nearest place I can get one?"
Evaluation of Alternatives - "orange, apple, cola, lemonade..."
Purchase Decision - "I dont like fruit and I prefer cola so i'll get that"
Post Purchase Behaviour - "good choice :)"

This is a very logical model but being fast paced consumers some steps are completely missed out and a lot of the reasonings are instant unconsious ones. This works best when it is a first time purchase and it is not out of habbit and on low involvement purchases.

buying a house -> HIGH involvement ( a lot of thought and consideration and time spent)
buying a drink -> LOW involvement. (almost unthought about and rutine decisions)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for having a look through! Hopefully it's been interesting and useful for you. If you have any queeries or suggestions please feel free to comment or event email me at the given address.

Followers